Capital Properties Rental Q & A
What is the household income criteria?
- Household verifiable gross income must equal or be greater than three (3) times the Market rental rate.
- One (1) year at present job or verifiable former employment or an employment offer letter. Three month current pay stubs are required.
- Guarantor lease holders must have verifiable income that equal to three (3) times the Market rental rate.
- If self-employed, applicant must complete Employment Verification form. Additionally, most current tax return and bank statements for the previous three (3) months must be presented. Applicants employed on a commission only or base pay plus tips/commissions/bonuses are considered self-employed and therefore must provide a complete Employment Verification form.
How many occupants can live in each unit?
- A maximum of two people in a 1 bed/1bath unless the third occupant is younger than 24 months.
- A maximum of four people in a 2 bed /2bath unless the fifth occupant is younger than 24 months.
- A maximum of six people in a 3 bed/2 bath unless the seventh person is younger than 24 months.
- Guests may not reside in home longer than three (3) days without written consent from management or more than a total of (6) consecutive days in a thirty (30) day period without prior written consent.
- One (1) vehicle per lease signing person and there will be no more issued decals than there are bedrooms in the unit.
- Capital Properties Parking Addendum
What is the Pet Policy for Capital Properties?
- Capital Properties Pet Addendum
- All animals on or about any of our Capital Properties Communities require prior written consent before residing in or around any of our premises.
- Cats allowed, small and large dogs are allowed. (Breed Restrictions Apply)
- Pets are negotiable and we do require a Pet Interview at or before the time of move in.
- We have a one-time Pet Fee that is non-refundable.
What is the Application & Administration Fee?
- Application fees are $50.00 per person and $65.00 for married couples and are non-refundable.
- Also, a non-refundable Administrative fee ($100-$200) per household must be paid in full when submitting your rental application to our leasing office. This is a one-time fee and will be forfeited in full if cancellation occurs by applicant after we have notified them of approval.
- All applicants must be eighteen (18) years of age. All occupants over eighteen (18) are required to complete an application.
- No cash accepted. We accept personal checks, money orders and/or cashier’s check. For your convenience we also accept all major credit cards.
What does the application screening include?
- Application screening includes current and previous employment, rental history, credit check, eviction search and a county/multistate criminal background check.
What is included in the credit check?
- Monthly outstanding debt payments (including rent) should not exceed 50% of total outstanding balance owed to debtor.
- No outstanding debt to any housing provider and/or utility provider unless proof of payment in full is provided by debtor.
- Bankruptcy history is acceptable if positive credit is reflected for the most recent twenty-four (24) months.
- International applicants may present a valid passport and/or other valid government issued identification in lieu of domestic credit history.
- A co-signer or guarantor may be acceptable for an applicant(s) with poor credit history.
- A co-signer or guarantor will not be acceptable for an applicant(s) with an eviction.
What is included in the rental history check?
- Positive rental history for the past twelve (12) months must be verified by your previous landlord. First time renters and Active Military will be considered to be good history, unless credit states otherwise.
- No more than three (3) late payments within a twelve (12) month period and no more than two (2) NSF payments within a twelve (12) month period will be allowed. Good conduct for at least six (6) months is required from previous rental verification.
- No history of Evictions or broken leases.
What is included in the County/Multistate Criminal background check?
- No misdemeanors involving fire arms, drugs, theft, destruction of property, and/or crimes against a person, or any crime involving a minor in the past five to ten (5-10) years.
- NO Felony records at all, no exceptions!
What is a Security Deposit and when is it due?
- Your security deposit is assess based on total household income, credit/rental history, and employment verification.
- A security deposit is due in full at time of move in when moving into any Capital Properties community.
Documents are in PDF Format – Click to Download
*Documents are in PDF format.